Coordinator of College and Adult Volunteers
Department: Volunteer Services
Reports To: Director of Volunteer Services
Status: Full-time, Exempt
If you would like to be part of this vital community agency, send a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements via email to Judy Logan at email@example.com
About the Volunteer Services Department: Volunteers are central to DOROT. We leverage volunteers across all levels of the organization to successfully deliver on our social mission. Each year, we mobilize 6,000+ volunteers of all ages through a wide array of programs conducted on-site, in the home, and in the community. We engage college students, young professionals, retirees, corporate volunteers, and individuals looking to make a difference. Through personal contact with seniors, our volunteers help deliver vital services and forge bonds between the generations.
Position Description Summary: The Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining an exemplary and expansive portfolio of adult and college volunteer opportunities that assist in the delivery of services to DOROT clients. This includes overseeing an extensive volunteer force as well as providing guidance, support, resources, and tools to staff who directly supervise volunteers. S/he must have a proven track record as an effective mentor and in developing work plans that clearly describe and actualize programmatic aims and goals. The ideal candidate is a generative thinker, passionate about the benefits of intergenerational activities, and possesses a “can-do” attitude that helps foster collaboration.
- Inspire and motivate prospective adult and college volunteers to become active with DOROT, serving as their liaison throughout their work with us.
- Supervise a full-time Program Administrator responsible for the Response Team program which includes a variety of volunteer activities in seniors’ homes and within the community such as computer tutors, birthday visits, home organization, performance outings, etc.
- Serve as lead staff for DOROT’s Academic and Summer College Internship Programs
- Secure and manage program partnerships with local colleges and universities to engage students in internships, as well as ongoing and one-time college volunteer opportunities.
- Communicate with college and teen intern alumni for further engagement; this includes overseeing mini-grants to intern alumni.
- Cultivate and coordinate volunteer groups for each of DOROT’s four annual package deliveries, and address volunteer feedback following each program.
- Oversee the on-boarding of approximately 350 adult volunteers annually; this includes managing and helping to facilitate DOROT’s bi-monthly information and welcome sessions for prospective adult volunteers.
- Work with the Volunteer Services team to build and implement a strategy to encourage one-time volunteers to become regular volunteers and/or renew their participation annually.
- Collaborate with DOROT’s Development and Communications team to identify and develop marketing strategies, promotional materials, and website content.
- Administer and monitor program portfolio expenses against the approved budget.
- Provide program goals, narratives, and outcome data for grant reporting.
- Collect, track, and maintain participation data and related constituent actions using DOROT’s Central Information Management System (Salesforce based); this involves routine data entry and monthly review of statistics for both grant reports and analysis of trends.
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- MA, MPA or other relevant degrees.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience that includes managing volunteer programs for adults and/or working with college students
- Demonstrated success with program development, project management, and balancing multiple time-sensitive priorities.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and facilitation abilities
- Motivated self-starter who can work collaboratively with team members
- Flexibility to work occasional evening hours for orientations and programming, and approximately eight Sundays a year
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite 2010