Coordinator, University Without Walls Programming
Department: Connect Through Tech
Reports To: Director of Connect Through Tech
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
About the Connect Through Tech (CTT) Department: The Connect Though Tech Department leverages technology to provide programs to older adults that support social connections and help them access the resources and information they need to live independently in an increasingly digital world. The CTT department includes DOROT’s long-standing teleconferencing program, University Without Walls (UWW), which connects older adults to a vibrant community of learning and friendship while exploring topics on arts, literature, health, current events, support groups and more. UWW Programs in Russian are available as well. CTT’s growing portfolio of programs focuses on teaching and coaching older adults to learn and adopt technology. Unique to DOROT’s approach is its strong volunteer base and individualized approach to engaging older people onsite at DOROT or in their homes.
Position Summary: The Coordinator of University without Walls Programming is an exciting and vital position responsible for planning and executing strategies that will grow the program to serve more older adults in need of life-enriching programming and peer interaction. The ideal candidate is a high energy, creative and analytical person with success in building positive and productive community relationships and developing diverse and engaging program content. They are enthusiastic about technology’s potential to increase social connections and access to resources for home based older adults. This is a unique opportunity to elevate on of DOROT’s signature programs to meet diverse needs, including those who are isolated and frail.
- Relationship cultivation and maintenance create and leverage relationships that produce new classes and discussion groups that expand the breadth of program
- Program design and evaluation organize the collection and analysis of relevant data from DOROT’s database and program evaluations to plan targeted course development for new and existing programming
- Targeted marketing / outreach planning create and manage varied outreach strategies that successfully engage new and diverse participants and facilitators, including those who speak Russian and Spanish
- Support program facilitators create or update professional development for program facilitators including orientation
- Systems development, including technology for program delivery Work with CTT Director to research and implement new technology to deliver content and build social connections among older adults.
- Collaborate with other DOROT departments for participant referrals and program planning
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of printed and digital marketing tools, partnering with DOROT’s Development and Communications
- Review and update orientation process, professional development and materials for new facilitators
- Orient support and supervise office volunteers and interns
- Provide back-up support to register new participants
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with 2-3 years of professional experience (e.g. education, social services, nonprofit management)
- Demonstrated success in relationship cultivation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Creative and analytical marketing mind-set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking/presentations
- Enthusiasm for the benefits of technology and comfort with independent learning of new technology
- Marketing and basic graphic design experience a plus.
- Interest in working with older adults
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; video conferencing experience a plus
- Ability to travel throughout the Metro NYC area
- Availability to work occasional evening hours and approximately eight Sundays per year