Outreach Specialist, Older Adults
Department: Onsite and Special Programs
Reports To: Director, Onsite and Special Programs
If you would like to be part of this vital community agency, send a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements via email to Judy Logan at email@example.com
DOROT’s five year strategic plan includes the development of new initiatives and the expansion of existing programs. This is an exciting time of growth for our agency, which will enable us to significantly increase the number of seniors we serve across all program areas. The Senior Outreach Specialist, a new position at DOROT, will play a key role in this effort, developing and implementing a multi-faceted strategy to reach and enroll new seniors throughout DOROT’s service area and in select new neighborhoods. S/he will also serve as a community liaison for prospective and new senior participants, responsible for introducing and on-boarding them to DOROT programs, and cultivating a relationship throughout their first year.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record in sales, recruitment, or community organizing; can inspire others to try new opportunities; easily connects with and energizes individuals, small groups, or large audiences; enjoys creating and initiating new communication strategies; and thrives in a high-quality, fast-paced, “think-big” work environment.
- Create and execute a broad outreach plan to attract and engage 300+ seniors with varying interests, needs, and abilities to DOROT each year. This includes:
- Collaborate with DOROT leadership and program staff to refine annual recruitment goals and priorities, and set key milestones.
- Research and identify community partners and networks to source prospective senior participants, including social service organizations, NORCs, libraries, neighborhood associations and community groups, and membership organizations.
- Develop and deliver presentations about DOROT at community events for seniors (e.g. health fairs and meetings in the Metro NYC area) to increase DOROT’s overall visibility and recruit seniors.
- Work with DOROT’s Development and Marketing Department to develop new recruitment messages for various audiences, craft targeted marketing materials, and identify media opportunities for senior recruitment.
- Cultivate relationships with seniors new to DOROT, devising and implementing a first-year communication strategy and onboarding plan to encourage broad participation in programs.
- Collect, track, and maintain outreach efforts and client communication in DOROT’s central information management system (Salesforce platform) ; review monthly reports and other data to analyze outcomes, identify challenges and successes, and inform the development of new strategies.
- Work on special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of professional experience
- Experience working with seniors or other vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated track record in sales, marketing, public relations and/or community organizing
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of community resources and a proven ability to build contacts and relationships
- An enthusiasm for networking in person and via electronic and social media
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with social media marketing and basic graphic design skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Passion, warmth, and sensitivity for DOROT’s constituents and mission
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Availability to work occasional evening and weekend hours for programs and presentations, and approximately six Sundays a year for package deliveries and other activities.
- Proficiency with MS Office