Department: Volunteer Services
Reports To: Director of Volunteer Services
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
If you would like to be part of this vital community agency, send a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements via email to Judy Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: The Volunteer Services Program Assistant will support a variety of volunteer-driven program initiatives, both long-standing as well as new ones. This portfolio includes seasonal visits between volunteers and older adults; a Thanksgiving Celebration; youth and family volunteer programming; Teen Internships; bar and bat mitzvah volunteer engagement; volunteers escorting older adults on cemetery visits; cultural outings for older adults; and unique corporate sponsorship events.
The ideal candidate is interested in nonprofit management and/or volunteerism, and is passionate about youth development and the benefits of intergenerational activities. Also vital to this high-volume, fast-paced position is a positive, “can-do” attitude.
Support the Department’s Overall Administrative Needs - Track volunteer and older adult registration in activities; conduct phone outreach, volunteer task scheduling; and confirmation calls to older adults; survey older adults to collect feedback; maintain and track client/volunteer information using the agency’s data management system.
Bar/t Mitzvah program support - Help engage tweens and their families to volunteer with DOROT’s Bar/t Mitzvah Initiative; this includes meeting with families, orienting and supervising youth volunteers, attending bar and bar mitzvah fairs, support staff to implement Jewish-service learning activities and other administrative support.
Card-Making Program - Coordinate this initiative in collaboration with the office volunteers who support this program.
Event Logistics and Coordination - Provide pre-and-post event logistical support and perform a variety of essential day-of tasks including greeting participants, supervising volunteers and helping to ensure success.
Materials and Supplies - Inventory, order and organize the Department’s materials and supplies; track related expenses against budget projections.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional experience and/or internships in direct service nonprofit organizations working with youth and one or more of the following groups: older adults, volunteers, or families.
- Comfort in serving as a Jewish role model for bar/t mitzvah and teen engagement
- Comfort and ease with older adults
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members
- Availability to work occasional evening hours for volunteer programs and approximately ten weekend days for special events
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, particularly EXCEL; Experience with Salesforce a plus