Department: Volunteer Services
Reports To: Director of Volunteer Services
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
If you would like to be part of this vital community agency, send a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements via email to Judy Logan at email@example.com
Position Summary: Volunteers are at the heart of DOROT’s Programs and DOROT engages about 7,000 volunteers each year. The Volunteer Services Program Assistant is an essential team member, supporting all major programmatic initiatives.
DOROT is a great place to work because of its warm and friendly work environment, dedicated staff and volunteers and our unique and vital programs.
The ideal candidate is interested in nonprofit management and has volunteer experience and a positive, “can-do” attitude.
The Program Assistant supports the efforts of the Volunteer Services Department to implement all major programs including seasonal holiday visits between volunteers and older adults, DOROT’s Thanksgiving Celebration, youth and family volunteer programming, teen internships, cultural outings for older adults, corporate volunteer events, and our nationally known birthday cardmaking program. Responsibilities include:
- Recruiting program participants;
- Maintaining and tracking data on involvement;
- Surveying participants to collect feedback;
- Providing logistical support for events
- Supervising volunteers
- Organizing and ordering supplies and materials
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional experience and/or internships in direct service nonprofit organizations working with youth, older adults, volunteers, and/or families.
- Comfort and ease with older adults
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members
- Availability to work occasional evening hours for volunteer programs and approximately ten weekend days for special events
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, particularly EXCEL; Experience with Salesforce a plus