Department: Community Services
Reports To: Director of Community Services
If you would like to be part of this vital community agency, send a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements via email to Judy Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: The Program Assistant assists the Community Services team by tracking, monitoring, and collecting program participation and related client and volunteer interactions. The ideal candidate is passionate about working with and improving life for older adults; is highly organized and detail oriented; and possesses a “can-do” attitude. S/he will also provide administrative and programmatic support to these and other key programs, including but not limited to:
Kosher Meals for the Homebound
Days of Beauty
Onsite and Special Programs
- Support the CS team with client outreach, contact, and program/project follow-up.
- Coordinate, support, and keep record of client outreach efforts via email/mail or in person.
- Assist with special projects and events/workshops both at DOROT and in the community, and serve as liaison to related community partners.
- Maintain inventory of and disseminate program materials.
- Monitor the senior assessment referral file and report to directors on progress/needs.
- Liaise with DOROT social work staff to understand client needs and challenges.
- Partner with other departments on new program offerings, helping to recruit clients and make travel arrangements for them when needed.
- Help with pre- and post-event logistics, planning for package deliveries and other intergenerational programming; this includes a commitment to work at least four Sundays per year.
- Conduct surveys with seniors via phone.
- Act as back-up support for the DOROT’s receptionist upon request.
- Collect, track and maintain client activity using DOROT’s online Salesforce database (CIMS); this involves routine data entry and monthly review of statistics for both internal reports and analysis of trends.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years professional administrative or program experience preferred
- Experience engaging with and relating to older adults
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and respond to the needs of older adults
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other staff
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, particularly Excel