Public Programs Coordinator for Older Adults
Department: Onsite and Special Programs
Reports To: Director of Onsite and Special Programs
If you would like to be part of this vital community agency, send a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements via email to Judy Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description: DOROT recognizes the value of onsite programming to forge social connections, enhance overall wellbeing, improve health and fitness, and increase opportunities for learning, discussion, storytelling, and the arts. Our new Sunday and Evening Programs initiative supports these aims and the expansion of our offerings to include innovative performances, lectures, and workshops that build community and target new audiences.
The Public Programs Coordinator will be the primary organizer and the lead contact for the Sunday and Evening Programs portfolio. They will be responsible for attending, scheduling, and marketing these public programs, as well as thinking creatively and strategically about their development. The position demands a diverse skillset in administration, program planning, and outreach, as well as direct engagement with older adults.
Working directly with the Director of Onsite and Special Programs, the Coordinator will help build strategy and structure for the programming while evaluating successes and identifying new opportunities. The candidate must be available on Sundays and weekday evenings.
- Implement a regular schedule of Sunday and Evening Programs, ensuring excellence in program operations.
- Research and identify new public program trends for older adults.
- Oversee older adult participation and provide them with social service support as necessary.
- Work with the Director of Onsite Programs and Special Events to develop strategies that build new audiences through increased variety of programs.
- Develop an outreach plan to target and expand Sunday and Evening Program attendees in DOROT’s programming area and beyond.
- Collaborate with other departments to create, introduce and disseminate materials that promote monthly and seasonal Sunday and Evening Programs.
- Work with the Director of Program Impact and Evaluation to evaluate client feedback and impact, and then use this feedback to inform future programming.
- Establish and document a new Sunday and Evening Program protocol to ensure efficient program operations and effective use of staff time.
- Collect, track, and maintain participation data and related client interactions using DOROT’s online database (Salesforce); this involves routine data entry and monthly review of statistics for both grant reports and analysis of trends.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Availability to work 1 - 2 evenings and 1 3 Sundays per month for scheduled programs
- Direct experience working with an older adult population
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead event production for programs with large audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for and demonstrated success in delivering creative public programs to diverse audiences
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Passion, warmth, and sensitivity for DOROT’s constituents and mission
- LMSW with 3-5 years of clinical work experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce database/information management systems
- Experience designing marketing materials for programs advertising
- Volunteer management background