Occasional Adult Volunteer Opportunities - Response Team
At Your Service
- Receive weekly email alerts from DOROT to assist seniors as needs arise (e.g. run an errand, organize paperwork, escort to medical appointment, shopping assistance, etc.).
- Teach basic computer skills and Internet navigation to a senior in their home.
- Lessons are 1–4 sessions, depending on the senior’s needs, for approximately one hour.
Accompany a Senior to Cultural Events
- Visit a museum or see a movie with a DOROT senior.
- Accompany a senior to an event at DOROT such as an afternoon concert, sing-along, or museum lecture.
Funded in part by Marcia Speinson.
Monthly Friendly Visiting (12 months commitment)
Interview, training, references, and background check are required.
- Volunteers are matched with seniors for monthly visits, including a phone call each month, for a minimum of a year in the senior's home.
- Matches are made by a DOROT social worker based on mutual interests, availability and location.
- Buy groceries and visit the home of a senior to cook and eat a meal together.
Accompany a Senior to the Cemetery
- Accompany a senior to visit the gravesite of a loved one.
- Cemeteries are located in the greater metropolitan area and transportation is provided by DOROT.
All volunteers must attend an orientation session, complete an application, provide references and agree to a background check. To register for a group orientation, please select one of the dates below.
To get started volunteering, attend one of our upcoming orientations by registering here:
Register For Adult Volunteer Orientation
Please select from the drop down menu below