School Year Internship
Teens help alleviate loneliness and social isolation of DOROT's seniors through a variety of hands-on experiences in the community and onsite at DOROT.
From a teen who visited a DOROT Senior: I LOVED THIS VISIT SO MUCH!!! It was really heartwarming and gratifying to see how elated Angie was after she opened the gifts that were in the birthday package. It was so nice to see someone so happy by our visit and what we brought with us. I felt very at ease and it was great talking to her and seeing her reaction to the gifts. -Jessica, 10th grade
Teen Interns may:
• visit seniors in their home for companionship.
• teach seniors how to use a computer, iPad, iShuffle, and other types of technology.
• celebrate seniors’ birthdays.
• deliver meals to seniors.
• send birthday cards to seniors.
• read to visually impaired seniors.
• shop and deliver groceries to seniors.
• play chess, cards, scrabble, and other games with seniors.
• assist with office work at DOROT.
• take part in a variety of other opportunities and experiences.
• 1 day a week (Monday — Thursday)
• 2 hours a day (after school — no later than 4:00–6:00pm)
• 1 semester (minimum of 10 times at DOROT)
Applications for the Winter/Spring semester are no longer being accepted. Please conider applying for our summer programs here.