School Year Internship
Teens help alleviate loneliness and social isolation of DOROT's seniors through a variety of hands-on experiences in the community and onsite at DOROT.
From a teen who visited a DOROT Senior: I LOVED THIS VISIT SO MUCH!!! It was really heartwarming and gratifying to see how elated Angie was after she opened the gifts that were in the birthday package. It was so nice to see someone so happy by our visit and what we brought with us. I felt very at ease and it was great talking to her and seeing her reaction to the gifts. -Jessica, 10th grade
• Visit seniors in their home for companionship.
• Teach seniors how to use a computer, iPad, iShuffle, and other types of technology.
• Play chess, cards, scrabble, and other games with seniors.
• Assist with office work at DOROT.
• 1 day a week (Monday — Thursday)
• 2 hours a day (after school — no later than 4:00–6:00pm)
• 1 semester (minimum of 10 times at DOROT)
Applications for the Fall semester are now being accepted. Submit your application here, the next step is to schedule an interview by calling the Coordinator of Youth and Family Volunteers at 917-441-3714.