School Year Internship
Applications for the Fall Semester will be reviewed starting in late August.
Applications for the Winter/Spring semester will be reviewed starting in December.
Teen Interns may:
• visit seniors in their home for companionship.
• teach seniors how to use a computer, iPad, iShuffle, and other types of technology.
• celebrate seniors’ birthdays.
• deliver meals to seniors.
• send birthday cards to seniors.
• read to visually impaired seniors.
• shop and deliver groceries to seniors.
• play chess, cards, scrabble, and other games with seniors.
• assist with office work at DOROT.
• take part in a variety of other opportunities and experiences.
• 1 day a week (Monday — Thursday)
• 2 hours a day (after school — no later than 4:00–6:00pm)
• 1 semester (minimum of 10 times at DOROT)
The first step is to fill out the Teen Internship Application then contact Evita Sokol at 917-441-5054 for a brief phone interview.