Sign up now for Winter Package Delivery!
DOROT's Winter Package Delivery brings hundreds of older adults and volunteers together to share warmth and companionship. Join us this January in Manhattan or Westchester to deliver a thoughtful, seasonal care package and connect with an older neighbor!
“It was wonderful! The visit from these two remarkable young women was like a breath of fresh air. Cannot thank them and DOROT enough!” - Sheila (DOROT senior)
Date: Sunday, January 28, 2024
- Manhattan: Upper West Side at DOROT (171 W. 85th Street) & East Side at Moise Safra Center (130 E. 82nd Street)
- Westchester: DOROT Westchester (925 Westchester Avenue)
Here's how it works:
- Pick up a meal and get matched with an older adult
- Deliver the meal to the home of an older adult
- Connect for a visit or friendly phone call!
- Manhattan: Adults ages 18+ and families with children ages 10-17
- Westchester: Adults ages 18+
Time Commitment: 1-time commitment of about 90 minutes
Requirements: a valid, US government issued photo ID for participants ages 18+
Group Volunteering: Interested in volunteering with your corporation or community group? Sign up for the Package Delivery as a group. Minimum group size is 12 participants, and all must be age 18+.
- Fill out THIS FORM to sign up as a group
We are grateful to the estate of Sanford H. Goldstein, the Sunshine Foundation, and Congregation Emanu-El of the City of New York for their support of DOROT's Holiday Package Delivery programs. Thank you to Moise Safra Center for hosting DOROT’s East Side Package Delivery.
DOROT’s Westchester Package Delivery is funded in part through the US Department of Health and Human Services -- Administration on Aging (AOA), New York State Office for the Aging, Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services. We are also grateful to the Sunshine Foundation and Congregation Emanu-El of the City of New York for their generous grants.
Upcoming Package Deliveries:
- Passover Package Delivery 2024: Sunday, April 7