DOROT engages hundreds of corporate volunteers each year in a wide variety of on- and off-site events. Staff will work with your company to involve employees in one of our existing programs – or customize a project to address your interests.
DOROT offers a number of different options for corporate volunteer groups including:
- Bring warm wishes and companionship to older adults through DOROT’s Package Delivery Program or help older adults put together the packages on a weekday ahead of the program.
- Start a Cardmaking program – DOROT sends birthday cards to nearly 4,000 older adults each year. If your group has a flair for arts and crafts, we will happily send one of our trained volunteer ambassadors to your office to share information about DOROT. The cards can be made at your office, or your group is welcome to come to DOROT if you prefer.
- Hold a gift drive at your corporate office. DOROT delivers birthday gifts with the handmade cards to hundreds of homebound seniors.
- Cook and serve dinner at DOROT’s Homelessness Prevention Program, our transitional housing facility for older adults who are or are at risk of homelessness.
- Sponsor an Intergenerational Game Day, Tech Tutoring Event or a museum trip.
Please note that there is a fee for some projects to cover the cost of supplies, admissions, refreshments and staffing.
Time Commitment: Most corporate projects are one-time events lasting from an hour to a full day.
Requirements: Requirements vary based on the program selected.
Next Steps: Complete our Corporate Interest Form.