The Summer College Internship is an invaluable opportunity to explore the fields of social work, non-profits and the helping professions as part of a group experience, while learning from peers as well as DOROT staff. Summer internships run 10 or 11 weeks and are offered to college students interested in pursuing careers in non-profit management, community organizing, social work or the intergenerational and older adult fields. DOROT can fulfill college credit requirements with approval from an intern’s academic institution.
The internship program begins with a two-day orientation and training to prepare students for their work throughout the summer. Interns also attend weekly group sessions with other interns and participate in several group volunteer outings. Each intern is matched with at least one client for a weekly friendly visit and performs administrative functions including program data entry. Former interns attest to the fact that DOROT internships build professional and interpersonal skills while also providing an opportunity to make a difference in older adults’ lives.
Many schools provide stipends for students to participate in summer internships with nonprofit organizations. Deadlines and availability vary by institution and are awarded based upon the school’s sole discretion. DOROT can provide information about our internship program to help interested students apply for such opportunities.
Orientation on June 1 and 2, 2021 from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- 10-week placement
- 11-week placement (for the College Internship in the Summer Teen Internship Program only)
- NOTE: We are currently only accepting applications for the Russian speaking internships in the Intergenerational Program Engagement Department. All other internship positions for this department have been filled.
- June 1 - August 17, 2021
- CLICK HERE to learn more about the available internship positions.
- Mondays through Thursdays, 9:00am-5:00pm or 9:30am-5:30pm each day, based upon placement and Fridays 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Note, there is a stipend for 11-week placements.
- To apply for the Intergenerational Department Summer College Internship Program, please CLICK HERE.
Requirements: Application, Zoom interview, references, background check; provide a valid, US government-issued photo ID.