The Summer College Internship is an invaluable opportunity to explore the fields of social work, non-profits and the helping professions as part of a group experience, while learning from peers as well as DOROT staff. Summer internships run 10 or 11 weeks and are offered to college students interested in pursuing careers in non-profit management, community organizing, social work or the intergenerational and older adult fields. DOROT can fulfill college credit requirements with approval from an intern’s academic institution.
The internship program begins with a two-day orientation and training to prepare students for their work throughout the summer. Interns also attend weekly group sessions with other interns and participate in several professional development workshops and group activities. Each intern is matched with at least one client for a weekly friendly visit and performs administrative functions including program data entry. Former interns attest to the fact that DOROT internships build professional and interpersonal skills while also providing an opportunity to make a difference in older adults’ lives.
All DOROT Summer College Internship positions are paid positions.
Orientation on June 1 and 2, 2022 from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- 10-week placement
- 11-week placement (for the College Internship in the Summer Teen Internship Program only)
- June 1 - August 18, 2022
- Mondays through Thursdays, 9:00/9:30am-5:00/5:30pm each day, exact timing to be determined, and Fridays 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Stipend of $4,200 at the successful completion of the internship.
- To learn more about this internship opportunity, CLICK HERE.
- APPLY HERE for the Intergenerational Department Summer College Internship Program.
Requirements: Application, Zoom interview, references, background check; provide a valid, US government-issued photo ID.