Do you enjoy public speaking and meeting new people? Feel a connection to DOROT’s mission? Consider joining our growing Ambassador Corps to help us spread the word! Ambassadors are new or experienced DOROT volunteers who extend our scope and reach by:
- Delivering short orientations to community or corporate groups at offsite/community-based cardmaking events
- Helping on-site with volunteer orientations and sharing information about your personal experience volunteering with DOROT
- Welcoming older New Yorkers who participate in DOROT’s on-site programs on weekdays, evenings or Sundays
- Assisting staff throughout the program as needed and serving as a program “host,” connecting participants to each other and volunteers
- Wrapping gifts at Barnes & Noble during the December holiday season
- Staffing tables at volunteer fairs, street fairs and other community events to share information about DOROT with the general public
Ambassadors receive specialized training and sign up to help when it is convenient in response to regular emails from DOROT staff that list upcoming opportunities.
Time Commitment: Four or more events every six months with a minimum one-year commitment.
Requirements: Valid US government-issued photo ID, volunteer orientation, phone or in-person interview, ambassador training.
Next Steps: Sign up for an upcoming Volunteer Orientation and Information Session.